Friday, January 13, 2012

Now the Dilema!

So here is the dilema.  My Goblins & Gunslingers game has come to a point where the next installment is way unlike the last few installments.  It is not a straight up fantasy action movie, it is a locked room mystery.

I have been working on this and fretting for a while.  It is an important chapter.  Not like they all have not been, but this game is a delicate puzzle that my group and I have been piecing together for a while.  Now I want to shake it all up.

This nervousness is common, whenever I am going to run any game.  This is a bit more nerve racking though.  It is something that could easily be dead in the water right off the bat, a dead horse at the gate.

I guess all I can do is run it and see what happens.  I think I need to set a date, and push toward it full steam.  

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling any creator working on something goes through something like this, if they really care for and have passion about their endeavour. At some point you've just got to push the baby bird out of the nest and trust that it will either fly on its own, or you'll be able to swoop in and nudge it into flying, or maybe even have to physically pick it up and fly with it. Either way, if that care and passion are really there, it's never going to be as bad as you fear.

    ReplyDelete