Sunday, April 15, 2012

Gaming Everywhere

A letter came in from a dear friend two days ago.  This friend is behind bars at the moment and letters are the best way for us to communicate.  He informed me that a group inside has started up a little role playing game.  They cobbled together some rules and have some dice and a deck of cards.  My friend wanted to know if I could whip up some slightly more official and organized rules.  The answer, yes I can, and I did.

I wrote up a quick letter with a heavily modified and simplified version of the game I have been working on for the last few weeks.  Upon doing this something occurred to me: it does not matter where you go or what you do- you can game anywhere.

You will game anywhere is a much more appropriate saying.  Gaming is in our DNA.  Lost on a barren isle, hardly any food or drink, but we have coconuts and rocks.  How much you want to bet an idea for a game comes to me using pieces of the half eaten coconuts and said rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment